SSD Firmware Development
Experience: 4 to 10 Years
Qualification: B.E / B. Tech / M.E / M. Tech
- Design, implement, debug firmware for the next generation of SSDs
- HW Interface drivers, algorithm design and implementation
- Contribute to the SSD firmware and play a significant role in delivering next generation SSDs to market
- Work with the firmware Architects, ASIC, flash media, validation and other cross functional teams on regular basis
- Design and implement firmware modules, algorithms needed to achieve best in class performance goals
- Develop characterization and evaluation programs for new products
- Support failure analysis on test systems
- Active participation in technical design, implementation reviews across teams and functions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BE/BTech/MTech degree or equivalent or higher with 4 or more years of related experience
- Excellent Embedded C programming skills is a must.
- Nice to have Assembly language programming skills
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Experience using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers is preferred
- Having experience with NAND flash is highly desirable but not mandatory
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- A proven desire to work as a team member across internal and cross functional teams.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and globally.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience of design/Bring up on new generation SOC/ASIC will be a definite plus
- High level understanding of Storage Stack/Data path is desirable